Our employees volunteer with great frequency and joy to organizations they care deeply about. Phoenix celebrates its employees’ generosity of time and talent by offering employees up to 40 hours of paid time off each year to match their volunteer time at non-profit organizations of their choice. We also sponsor workplace volunteer activities, including:
– Mentoring students from Fred D. Wish Elementary School in Hartford who come to Phoenix each week to meet one-on-one with a Phoenix tutor. Now in its 30th year, the program is the longest continuously operated corporate tutoring partnership in the Hartford school system.
– Participating in the United Way’s Day of Caring to kick-off its annual Community Campaign, dozens of Phoenix employees join in each year to give back to our community by helping to spruce up the buildings and grounds of local non-profit organizations.
Phoenix sponsors the following activities that support economic and cultural development of our city and region:
- Connecticut Forum – quarterly panel discussions among renowned experts and celebrities designed to encourage the free and active exchange of ideas and to inform, challenge, entertain, inspire and build bridges.
- The Connecticut Science Center, built on land donated by Phoenix, brings science to life through 150 hands-on exhibits in ten galleries.
- Riverfront Recapture provides community access to the Connecticut River waterfront through a network of parks and public recreational facilities and a year-long schedule of events.