The Phoenix Companies, Inc. helps financial professionals provide solutions, including income strategies and insurance protection, to families and individuals planning for or living in retirement. Founded as a life insurance company in 1851, Phoenix offers products and services designed to meet financial needs in the middle income and mass affluent markets. Our distribution company, Saybrus Partners, Inc., offers solutions based sales support to financial professionals. Our corporate offices are in Hartford, Connecticut, and we have a customer service center in East Greenbush, New York.
Phoenix’s involvement in making the world a better place goes back more than 150 years to one of our founders who, as a noted abolitionist, worked to end slavery in this country. Today, our focus is on helping our home office communities – Hartford, Conn. and Albany, N.Y. – flourish through, employee volunteerism, corporate sponsorship’s, charitable giving and executive leadership.
Our employees volunteer with great frequency and joy to organizations they care deeply about. Phoenix celebrates its employees’ generosity of time and talent by offering employees up to 40 hours of paid time off each year to match their volunteer time at non-profit organizations of their choice. We also sponsor workplace volunteer activities, including:
– Mentoring students from Fred D. Wish Elementary School in Hartford who come to Phoenix each week to meet one-on-one with a Phoenix tutor. Now in its 30th year, the program is the longest continuously operated corporate tutoring partnership in the Hartford school system.
– Participating in the United Way’s Day of Caring to kick-off its annual Community Campaign, dozens of Phoenix employees join in each year to give back to our community by helping to spruce up the buildings and grounds of local non-profit organizations.
Phoenix sponsors the following activities that support economic and cultural development of our city and region:
- Connecticut Forum – quarterly panel discussions among renowned experts and celebrities designed to encourage the free and active exchange of ideas and to inform, challenge, entertain, inspire and build bridges.
- The Connecticut Science Center, built on land donated by Phoenix, brings science to life through 150 hands-on exhibits in ten galleries.
- Riverfront Recapture provides community access to the Connecticut River waterfront through a network of parks and public recreational facilities and a year-long schedule of events.
We focus our efforts to meet basic human needs through our participation in the United Way campaigns in our home office communities. Our annual workplace campaign for the Greater Hartford Arts Council provides funding to local arts and heritage organizations and helps build a vibrant community. And, we support our employees’ generosity by matching their donations to non-profit organizations and providing mini-grants to non-profit organizations for which they volunteer or serve on the board.
Phoenix executives provide leadership on critical community issues, serving as members of Board of Directors and sharing their technical and business expertise on a variety of advisory councils and committees for organizations such as The Connecticut Forum, Connecticut Science Center, Foodshare, Journey Home, MetroHartford Alliance, National Conference for Community and Justice, United Way of Central and Northeastern Connecticut, YMCA of Greater Hartford and more.
Please note that Phoenix does not accept unsolicited applications for charitable contributions or sponsorship’s.